Public Transport Coordinator
Salary: £26,822 - £29,323 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X5231/1217VS/EXT
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 7 January 2018
Location: City Hall
The candidate will be the primary point of contact in terms of public transport issues between the City Council and local bus and coach operators and stakeholders such as interest groups, councillors, other authorities and the internal public transport for other Council departments.
The role supports the Public Transport Operations Team Leader, ensuring that public transport services operate effectively, cater for future developments and satisfactorily accommodate special events and roadworks.
It is necessary to have a good awareness of transport legislation, public transport operations and practices and current and future developments.
Requirements of the post:
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- Negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level of ability and experience.
- Knowledge of legislation that governs bus and coach operations and service procurement
- Substantial experience of local bus service operations & management
For an informal discussion please contact Julian Heubeck on 0116 454 2832.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.