Qualified Lawyer (Child Care)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £36,937 - £39,660 per annum
Location: City Hall, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0061/0217RW/EX
Job Category: Legal
Advert End Date: 12 March 2017
Location: City Hall, Leicester, LE1 1FZ
2x Permanent, Full Time
Leicester City Council has two exciting opportunities for dynamic and suitably qualified lawyers to join our Social Care & Safeguarding Section. If you want to make a difference, be part of a strong team and work for a progressive unitary authority offering a demanding and exciting work portfolio with opportunities for career development then we’d like to talk to you.
You will be required to perform the duties involved in providing a comprehensive legal service to the Council.
Requirements of the post:
– Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive entitled to practise
– Recent in depth knowledge and post qualification experience in Child Care litigation, to include advising on social services functions in respect of children, young persons, safeguarding and judicial review challenges
– Good written and oral communications skills
– Excellent advocacy skills plus a willingness to undertake advocacy
– Demonstrable skills and strengths in negotiation, drafting, giving advice, persuading and influencing
– Willing and able to adapt to new and differing areas of work and / or procedures
– Out of hours attendance for work such as emergency work may occasionally be required, attending committee meetings etc.
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Fiona Gingell, Principal Lawyer (Social Care & Safeguarding) on 0116 454 1465.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.