Qualified Lawyer (Commercial)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £37,306-£40,057 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0061/0118HT/EXT
Job Category: Legal
Advert End Date:
Location: City Hall
Permanent, Full Time Post
We are looking for a confident self-motivated lawyer to join our busy commercial team providing strategic and commercially focussed legal advice to a forward thinking Authority. The team undertakes a diverse range of procurement, contract, governance and commercial matters, including major capital and ICT projects, complex frameworks and innovative partnerships.
You will be actively involved in exciting projects within the City as it continues its impressive growth and development. You will influence and negotiate a broad range of high profile and complex commercial contracts and offer pragmatic legal advice to support business colleagues.
Requirements of the Post
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive entitled to practise
- Demonstrable skills in giving clear, accurate and timely advice orally and in writing
- The skills to confidently lead and advise at internal and external meetings
- Demonstrable skills and strengths in negotiation, drafting, giving advice, persuading and influencing
- Recent in depth knowledge and post qualification of commercial and contract (including public procurement) law, practice and procedure at an advanced level
- Demonstrates a problem solving approach to meet the client’s needs
For an informal discussion please contact Jenis Taylor 0116 454 1405
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred way of communication.