Reablement Assistants (ICRS)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £15,300 - £16,654 per annum
Location: Neville Centre, Leicester
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SA016/1018RW/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Adult Service
Advert End Date: 30 November 2018
Location: Neville Centre
Permanent, Part Time (30 hours)
Potential for alternative number of hours (subject to meeting business needs)
To respond to any social care crisis as part of the 24-7 Integrated Crisis Response Service (ICRS) by providing urgent social care support as part of a multi-disciplinary team approach within the service users home.
To also engage, encourage and motivate service users to achieve their maximum level of independence through a personalised ICRS plan which is agreed in partnership with colleagues from Adult Social Care and NHS Leicester City Community Health Services.
Requirements of the post:
- Previous experience working with vulnerable people in a caring capacity (paid or voluntary) which includes understanding the needs of older people, including those with a physical disability, a learning difficulty or a mental health diagnosis
- Good communication skills both verbal and written sufficient to write progress reports, contact sheets and complete medication records
- Ability to support and aid independence in a supportive manner and respond to a social care crisis by working in partnership with all key agencies
- Good understanding of the needs of people with disabilities and from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to understand and act upon departmental instructions and procedures, which also include using the Electronic, Rostering and Monitoring system
- Must be able to work city wide, therefore a full driving licence valid in the UK, with access to own transport is essential
- Must be willing to work in a flexible manner and as part of a rota which meets the needs of a 24 -7 service which includes working from 7am to 10pm across evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1 requires National Care Minimum Standards apply so Applicants must be aged 18.
For an informal discussion please contact Kerryjit Kaur on 0116 454 5384.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.