Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,070 - £20,138 pro rata per annum
Location: The Rowans, College Street
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SA016/ 0917AW/ EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Adult Service
Advert End Date: 12 October 2017
Location: City Wide (Office base The Rowans, College Street, Leicester LE2 0JH)
Permanent, Part time (1 x 24 hours, 5 x 18 hours) posts
To encourage and motivate service users to achieve their maximum level of independence through a personalised Reablement plan which is agreed in partnership with colleagues from Adult Social Care and NHS Leicester City Community Health Services.
Requirements of the post:
- Previous experience working with vulnerable people in a caring capacity (paid or voluntary) which includes understanding the needs of older people, including those with a physical disability, a learning difficulty or a mental health diagnosis
- Good communication skills both verbal and written sufficient to write progress reports, contact sheets and complete medication records
- Ability to support and aid independence in a supportive manner and respond to a social care crisis by working in partnership with all key agencies
- Good understanding of the needs of people with disabilities and from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to understand and act upon departmental instructions and procedures, which also include using the Electronic, Rostering and Monitoring system
- Must be able to work city wide, therefore a full driving licence valid in the UK is essential
- Must be willing to work in a flexible manner and as part of a rota which meets the needs of a 24 -7 service which includes working evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1 requires National Care Minimum Standards apply so Applicants must be aged 18.
For an informal discussion please contact Kirt Ravat on 0116 454 5385
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.