Rent Management Advisors
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £23,398 - £25,951 per annum
Location: Saffron Housing Office, 499 Saffron Lane, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0438/0218RK/EXT
Job Category: Housing
Advert End Date: 7 March 2018
4 x Full-time Fixed Term posts until 31st March 2020.
Working within the Income Management Team, the Rent Management Advisors will maximise the rental income for the authority by supporting tenants who will be affected by Welfare Reform over the next 2 years and assist them to sustain their tenancies.
Requirements of the post:
- Experience of working with welfare benefits and supporting customers with the management of benefit claims
- Experience of working with a range of customers, including vulnerable people with complex needs
- In depth knowledge of welfare benefit legislation and Welfare Reform policies
- Ability to interpret complex legislation, regulations, polices and guidance to be able to give welfare advice to customers
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of people
- Computer skills to use a wide variety of software
- Ability to resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Skills to be able to negotiate and motivate others
For an informal discussion please contact Zenab Valli on 0116 4543573
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.