Project Manager (Riverside Partnership)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £17,751 - £19,124 per annum
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0238/0117AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 30 January 2017
Location: Based at Victoria Park
Part Time, 22 hours per week, Fixed Term for up to two years, due to funding availability
To manage Parks Services liaison with key strategic partners, particularly relating to Leicester Riverside and other waterways within the city, and provide technical advice about Riverside and waterway matters.
To develop funding opportunities and devise and develop technical solutions to resolve watercourse issues.
Requirements of the post:
– RYA Powerboat License or equivalent
– An appropriate Leisure or Environmental qualification to NVQ 3 or evidence of equivalent professional relevant knowledge & experience
– Evidence of continuing professional development
– Broad background knowledge of waterway related matters
– Work in the same or similar environmental area, particularly water related knowledge/ background
– Able to use own initiative and be innovative in devising problem solving techniques and measures on project development and delivery
– Project management to produce practical solutions to problem solving of unique issues
– Professional answering of questions on complex issues
– Direct staff management experience and knowledge of staff management related procedures
– Able to work on own initiative and be innovative in relation to overcoming problems and maximising outputs
– Willing and able to travel to and work anywhere in the city and use own vehicle
– Willing & able to work regularly outside normal office hours, holiday periods/ weekends, e.g. for meetings
For an informal discussion please contact Vicky Hudson on 0116 454 4474.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.