School Swimming Co-Ordinator
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £7,561- £8,426 per annum
Location: Aylestone Leisure Centre
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3238/ 1117AW/ EXT
Job Category: Schools - Support
Advert End Date: 16 November 2017
Location: Based at Aylestone Leisure Centre
Part-time, Term Time post (18.5 hours per week- 38 working weeks)
(Working pattern to be discussed at interview)
We are looking for a committed individual to co-ordinate the school swimming programme at Aylestone Leisure Centre. You will have good communication and administration skills to complement your teaching ability to ensure a professional and effective programme of swimming is offered to schools that choose Aylestone Leisure Centre to provide swimming lessons for their pupils.
Experience of teaching / coaching groups in a sport & leisure environment, preferably involving swimming, would be desirable.
Requirements of the post :
– ASA Level 2 Swimming Teachers Qualification
– Current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (8th Edition)
– Experience of working within a leisure or service environment;
– Good communication skills to establish good control, rapport and communication with a wide range of children / teachers;
– Written skills sufficient to complete electronic records / forms;
– Ability to identify and implement individual training programmes and give support:
– Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures in swimming pool environment .
For an informal discussion please contact Jayne Henderson on 0116 454 6701
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.