Senior Festival and Events Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,106 - £36,019 per annum
Location: City Hall
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X3452/0217AAex
Job Category: Arts / Tourism
Advert End Date: 9 March 2017
You will manage and support the development and delivery of city-wide festivals and events.
Managing them in accordance with the policies and priorities of the Council, ensure they are relevant to and reflective of the citizens of modern Leicester and support the strategic development of the service area.
Requirements of the post:
– Significant experience of managing budgets, developing income generation strategies and submitting funding applications
– Excellent numeracy, literacy, presentation and IT skills including spreadsheet, word processing and database software
– Ability to produce Management Information reports
– Training and / or substantial experience of Event Management, Licensing Legislation and Health and Safety
– Substantial experience of festivals and arts development sufficient to provide strategic direction and delivery of events and to provide advice and guidance to event organisers and arts organisations
– Substantial experience of working with artists, community groups, organisations and agencies
– Significant experience of managing staff and resources sufficient to provide direction and leadership to permanent and temporary staff, volunteers, students and external contractors involved in event planning and delivery as required
– Significant experience of managing outdoor events
– Substantial experience of marketing, promotion and publicity
For an informal discussion please contact Maggie Shutt on 0116 454 3601 or Simon Brown on 0116 454 3609.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.