Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,437 - £36,379 per annum
Location: City Hall, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X4031/1217RW/INT
Job Category: Planning / Building Control
Advert End Date: 7 February 2018
Leicester is an exciting and enjoyable place to live and work. It has a rich history and a wonderful built and natural environment. It is a rapidly growing economy in a strategic position in the country. As a result it has a growing national and international profile.
About the role:
To promote a positive and pro-active approach to regeneration and high quality design, Leicester City Council is seeking to recruit a highly experienced, skilled and motivated individual to deal with complex and major planning applications. The work would be across the whole of the city including the City Centre and Strategic Regeneration Area.
You will be required to undertake senior level planning work to deliver the statutory functions of the local planning authority and associated services in accordance with the objectives of the planning service.
Key requirements of the post:
– A degree or equivalent planning qualification with eligibility for RTPI membership
– An established track record, working and negotiating enthusiastically on major planning applications from pre-application through to delivery on- site
– Substantial post qualification experience in town planning dealing with complex cases and writing detailed reports
– A practical understanding of the entire planning process including policy formation, development management and specialist input
– Self-motivation and the ability to supervise and motivate others
For an informal discussion please contact Stephanie McShane (Team Leader) on 0116 454 3031 or Bharti Chauhan (Team Leader) on 0116 454 3014.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.