Senior Procurement Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,106 - £37,107 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R8002/0818AAex
Job Category: Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Advert End Date: 6 September 2018
Location: Bosworth House
Leicester City Council is seeking to appoint a Senior Procurement Officer (working 37 hours per week) to fulfil an important role in the authority’s exciting IT procurement team which has a strong mandate to transform the way the council procures digital solutions & services. We believe Procurement is an enabler to deliver quality services and improve positive engagement with businesses and the communities we serve.
Working with the ICT Commercial & Procurement Manager, the senior procurement officer will be responsible for taking forward this approach working with the providers and across the authority with key senior officers in departments. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and visionary, respectfully assertive and engaging.
We are large authority which has become much more dynamic with quick decision making. IT Procurement gets involved in a range of projects that deliver key digital services and solutions.
You’ll need to demonstrate a significant track record of procurement experience and have experience or working in a fast pace, diverse environment. You’ll also share our passion to make a real difference to our rapidly changing and diverse city.
You will be responsible for procuring high value/risk goods, IT solutions & services to enable service delivery to the council’s customers and to achieve the council’s strategic procurement objectives.
Requirements of the post:
- Significant experience and knowledge of procurement, tendering and contract management processes, including complex, high risk and value projects
- Ability to negotiate and achieve best value from procurement processes
- Ability to compile, produce, summarise and present management/ statistical/technical reports (and other documentation), using strong analytical skills and ensuring attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team working towards common objectives with a flexible and willing approach to meet challenging demands.
- Subject to a Standard DBS check
For an informal discussion please contact Rebecca Cowan on 0116 454 1272.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.