Senior Project Engineer (Contracts)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £37,306 - £40,057 per annum
Location: 90 Leycroft Road, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0353A/0118RW/EXT
Job Category: Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Advert End Date: 28 February 2018
You will be required to contribute to the delivery of the Highways and Civil Engineering works programme. Providing and managing engineering support to our operational delivery teams, to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to high quality standards.
Requirements of the post:
- Significant experience in the management and implementation of highways and/or civil engineering construction works.
- Experience of managing large and complex projects and programmes
- Degree level qualification in a relevant technical discipline e.g. civil engineering or related discipline
- Membership of relevant professional body (Chartered Institute of Highways & Transportation, or Institute of Civil Engineers or Institute of Structural Engineers)
- Experience of preparing works cost estimates, specifications, bills of quantities and contract documents for highway and civil engineering works.
- Awareness of current issues affecting construction project delivery including statutory requirements.
- Significant experience of carrying out site surveys, using survey equipment/instruments, and set out construction works on site.
For an informal dicusson please contact Rupert Bedder on 0116 454 4951.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.