Senior Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer (Nurse Qualified)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £33,437 - £36,379 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0272/1117AAex
Job Category: Social Care - Adult Service
Advert End Date: 15 November 2017
Location: Bosworth House
Full Time, Fixed Term until 9th October 2022, due to time limited funding
Leicester City Council is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic nurse to join the Contracts & Assurance Service in an exciting new role. The Service is seeking to recruit a Qualified Nurse with previous experience at Band 7, to work as part of a Quality Assurance & Compliance Team, and take a leading role in developing best practice in home care services. Using your clinical expertise, you will drive continuous quality improvement in home care services using your previous experience of clinical audit, evidence gathering and service improvement.
The Contracts & Assurance Service works in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders, including the Care Quality Commission (CQC), other local authorities, local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), Police, other Council departments and service users and their carers.
Services we commission and monitor include:
– Residential Care Homes
– Domiciliary Care Services
– Supported Living Services
– Substance Misuse Services
– Voluntary Community Services
– Integrated Community Equipment Services
This is a rewarding position within a busy working environment, where you will have the opportunity to extend your clinical expertise within a wide variety of services, meet and consult with service users and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a committed, passionate and outstanding individual with the enthusiasm and determination to ensure that the citizens of Leicester receive high quality clinical care in non-clinical environments.
Requirements of the post include:
– Experience of leading significant changes within services through structured processes
– Registered General Nurse or equivalent (e.g Registered Mental Health Nurse) with recent experience at Band 7
– Evidence of on-going professional training
– Experience of promoting performance and developing the knowledge and skills of others within a staff team
– Demonstrate skills needed to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of service providers within a contractual relationship
– Analytical skills sufficient to extract and interpret information and data to produce provider performance management information
– High level of communication skills both orally and written to engage with service users, providers, other stakeholders and Leicester City Council staff
– Ability to recognise and evaluate risk and take appropriate action
– Organised, able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet set objectives, targets and deadlines
– Able to provide support and guidance to others in the completion of their work tasks as well as organise and finish their own work to high standards
For an informal discussion please contact Andy Humpherson on 0116 454 2353.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.