Senior Support Officer to the City Mayor/Deputy City Mayor
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,822 - £29,323 per annum
Location: City Hall, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X5569/0517HT/EXT
Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Advert End Date: 21 June 2017
Location: City Hall
Permanent, Full Time
The post-holder will provide support directly to the City/Deputy City Mayor and the City Mayor’s Executive Team as required. This will include support for projects, tracking progress, research, managing customer contact and engagement, and ensuring the City /Deputy City Mayor are prepared appropriately for all key meetings and events. The post-holder will also be required to help maintain effective links between the Executive and other parts of the Council’s governance framework, particularly the scrutiny function.
Requirements of the post:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent e.g. NVQ Level 5) or equivalent experience
- Successful track record in relation to the delivery of high quality research and analysis which has clearly influenced decision making
- Must have political awareness
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to network effectively and to inspire the confidence and respect of others.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact the Head of the City Mayor’s Office, Andrew Shilliam on 0116 454 0131.