Senior Theatre Technician
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to Grade SK 8 (£20,520 per annum).
Location: Stamford Arts Centre
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: South Kesteven District Council
Post Number: 4484
Job Category: Arts / Tourism
Advert End Date: 7 April 2017
To undertake all aspects of technical duties such as operating lighting, sound and other systems, to rig and focus lighting, prepare and project films and do get-ins and get-outs with touring companies as required; you will work a combination of day, evening and weekends and manage the technical aspects of all live events and film projection as necessary and manage outside events promoted by Cultural Services.
To manage all duties associated with technical aspects of theatre.
- Operate all lighting, sound and other systems as required.
- Attend fit ups, technical and dress rehearsals, get-ins and get-outs as required.
- Set up in-house P.A system and engineer.
- Rig and focus lighting.
- Contact theatre companies and discuss requirements.
- Ensure the deployment and safe use of equipment, sets and properties to current health and safety regulations, and in accordance with venue risk assessments.
- Ensure that the equipment and systems are used correctly and safely by staff from incoming companies
- Ensure there is a programme of maintenance and servicing, make or organize repairs where suitable, of all technical equipment and carry out seasonal and other necessary adjustments to theatre fixtures and fittings.
- Undertake Get Ins and Get Outs for both professional and amateur visiting companies.
- To ensure compliance with Fire Safety instructions and House Rules by visiting companies etc.
- To implement and to adhere to all aspects of Health & Safety procedures within the Arts Centre.
Supervision of staff
- To oversee and plan workloads for the Theatre Support Technician and projectionists as required.
To undertake all duties associated with film projection/ satellite broadcasts
- Undertake receipt, preparation, screening and subsequent dispatch of digital cinema films, trailers and adverts.
- Set up, test and screen (including recording if required), of live satellite broadcasts.
- Ensure all projection is carried out to the agreed standards of both Technical and Arts Centre Management.
- Be prepared to work at both Stamford Arts Centre and Guildhall Arts Centre and undertake any other duties needed within the remit of Cultural Services.
- Undertake training as required.