Service Analysis Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £27,358 - £29,909 per annum
Location: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0228/0818RW/EXT
Job Category: Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Advert End Date: 26 August 2018
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract for a period of 12 months due to expanding workload
You will work in strong collaboration with colleagues to gain a deeper understanding of existing relationships, processes, infrastructure and performance data, both internally to the Council and externally with funded partners. Through a combination of desk and fieldwork based activity you will research, observe, analyse and evaluate various forms of council contribution and/or budgetary spend, ensuring the correct levels of compliance, performance and quality are met. You will be responsible for carrying out testing and related work. You will provide professional support and advice on analyses outcomes inclusive of performance matters.
Duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
– Through a combination of desk and fieldwork based activity to research, observe, analyse, and evaluate a variety of Services; both in-house and funded third party organisations within the City of Leicester;
– Ensuring the correct levels of compliance, performance and quality are met whilst providing value for moneyto achieve continuous improvement of all services and safeguarding of individuals;
– Complete detailed service analysis reviews which test, evaluate and report on, or certify, grant or Council contribution/budget spend; this will include proficient use of both qualitative and quantitative research methods to observe, gather, analyse and test meaningful data and information;
– Comprehensive note taking during analysis fieldwork sufficient enough to enable completion of a suite of working papers which are robust enough to inform and evidence analysis report writing;
– Arrange and chair regular meetings with key stakeholders for each Service Analysis undertaken;
– The collection and analysis of fact based information and evidence to assure delivery aligned with terms of the contract/agreement or service plan;
– Complete financial analysis, ensuring all activity is aligned with the terms of funding agreement/contractual obligations. Alert the Service Analysis Manager of any concerns or major variances and recommend appropriate remedial actions.
Requirements of the post include (but are not limited to):
– Communication and negotiation skills sufficient to effectively articulate the analysis findings (both successes and concerns/issues) with third party sector service providers and internal teams;
– A flexible disposition with the willingness to adapt to a diverse range of situations, environments and people;
– Ability to challenge in a professional but tenacious manner and to persuade and influence managers and stakeholders;
– Experience and success of writing and producing detailed, structured working papers and concise, accessible reports and supporting documentation for a variety of audiences;
– Demonstrable analytical skills sufficient to successfully extract, interpret and present data in a user friendly format;
– Demonstrable commitment to outstanding service provision;
– Willingness to travel in and around the city with a requirement for some lone-working.
For an informal discussion please contact Lisa Boland on 0116 454 0065 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.