Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £49,498 - £53,154 per annum
Location: Halford House
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC022/0218RK/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 2 April 2018
Location: Halford House
2 x Full-time, Permanent posts
We are looking for two experienced managers to lead the Duty, Advice and Assessment service and the Looked After Children service within Leicester City Council.
Duty and Advice/Single Assessment Service
You will have specific responsibility for the Duty and Advice Service; a 24 hour service providing advice and guidance, responding to concerns for the welfare of children, in addition to the management of the Single Assessment Teams, which provide intervention for children and families deemed to be in need of services.
Looked After Children Service
The Looked After Children Service is a well-established and stable service committed to the needs of Leicester’s children and young people who are placed in care and or care leavers. You will have specific responsibility for three LAC fieldwork teams, two 16 Plus Teams and a Persons from Abroad Team.
Leading dynamic services, the successful candidates will have a proven track record of success in the delivery of high quality services to children and families, whilst ensuring that the full range of statutory requirements is met. As committed and motivated managers, you will lead your service to be the best that it can be and working creatively with colleagues across all agencies to ensure that the best outcomes for children can be achieved.
Requirements of the post:
- A qualified Social Worker registered with the HCPC.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policy, regulations, national minimum standards and best practice.
- Substantial experience of working at a middle management level providing statutory services and establishing and controlling budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written sufficient to impart understanding and gain acceptance of new concepts and proposals as well as prepare complex reports, guidelines/procedures for senior managers or elected members and correspondence to stakeholders, service users and complainants.
- Proven ability to innovative and be a proven problem solver.
- Negotiation skills sufficient to engender collaborative working and secure co-operation.
For an informal discussion please contact Rebecca Small, Head of Service on 01164545902 (Duty and Advice service) or David Thrussell, Head of Service on 0116 4541657 (Looked After Children service)
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.