Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Practitioner
Contract Type: Temporary Term Time
Salary: £17,746 - £19,461 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: E3152/0118VS/EXT
Job Category: Education
Advert End Date: 7 March 2018
Salary: £17,746 – £19,461 per annum
Full Time, Term Time Only (39 weeks per year), Fixed Term to 31st August 2019 due to funding.
Location: Based at New Parks House but working peripatetically in schools around the city
Please note this is a full time position, but we may consider part time options.
To work with pupils with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs and the resultant behavioural difficulties, on an outreach basis, in order to help them overcome the difficulties they are experiencing in their education.
Requirements of the post:
- Numeracy and literacy sufficient for the tasks
- An understanding of the difficulties likely to face children with SEND
- Previous experience of working in a school setting
- Previous experience of working with pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and the resultant behavioural problems
- Qualifications directly linked to working with children or young people e.g. appropriate NVQ, Youth and Community Work qualification, Counselling qualification
For an informal discussion about this post please contact: Sophie Maltby on 0116 454 4650
Please obtain your line managers approval before applying for this post on a secondment basis.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.