Social Worker (Children and Families)
Contract Type: Temporary
Salary: £26,556 - £36,019 per annum
Location: Eagle House
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SB026/1116RK/EX
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 25 January 2017
Full Time, Fixed Term to 31st March 2018 with the possibility of extension.
We will consider this vacancy on a secondment basis for Leicester City Council employees only. If you wish to apply for this post on this basis, please ensure you obtain your line manager’s approval before applying.
We are looking for an experienced Level 2 or 3 Social Worker to deliver therapeutic 1-1 and family interventions with children and young people who are Looked After Children, Adopted, subject to CUSAB or CSE plans.
Requirements of the post:
- Diploma, Degree or Masters of Social Work, or equivalent recognised by HCPC. Qualified to Level 3.
- Registration with the Health Professional Services Council (HCPC) as a social worker
- Skills in and experience of direct work with children, young people, parents and carers using a range of therapeutic models
- Skills and experience in assessment, delivery and evaluation of therapeutic interventions to facilitate change
- Knowledge and experience of working with the impact of trauma and poor early attachment experiences
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of LAC and adopted children and families
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion please contact Neil Martin 0116 4546553 or Georgina Oreffo on 0116 4544506.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.