Social Worker (Duty and Advice)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,556 - £36,019 per annum
Location: Halford House
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SB026/1116RK/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 25 January 2017
The Front Door to Children’s Services
Duty and Advice is an innovative and pioneering team that is staffed by qualified social workers, working on a rolling rota covering 24hrs 7 days a week, with full management cover at all times.
Social Workers are trained and experienced to have conversations with callers about concerns or queries that they may have in relation to children, young people and their parents /carers and to identify the best solution to address their needs.
The Duty and Advice service was established in July 2013, with the primary aim to make safe decisions about children and young people at the earliest opportunity. Where referrals do not meet the threshold for statutory social care services the referral is directed to the Early Help team which are situated within the Duty and Advice Service.
Duty and Advice deliver a high quality social work service at the ‘Front Door’, that is able to meet the full range of statutory requirements, regulations and national minimum standards.
Requirements of the post:
– Post qualification experience in statutory social work agency and/or qualified up to level 2/3 social work
– Diploma in Social Work (DIP SW) or Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW) or Certificate in Social Service (CSS) or equivalent professional qualification (must include appropriate Child Care Modules)
– Experience of Child Care Work
– Communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills to convey a clear and convincing argument with the ability to deal with in-depth enquiries over the phone in relation to children, young people and their parents /carers
– Knowledge of IT systems and application to Child Care team work
– Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
– Must be willing to work on a flexible rota system that covers a 24/7 service. This includes working shift rotas such as 7am – 3pm (office based) , 3pm – 11pm (office based) and 11pm – 7am (home based)
– Must be willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service which will involve working weekends and bank holidays
– Current and valid driving licence with access to own personal transport
– Subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
For an informal discussion please contact Feroza Ladd on 0116 454 4583.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.