Social Worker Level 3 (Emergency Duty Team)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,106- £36,019 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SB025/ 0117AW/ EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Adult Service
Advert End Date: 5 February 2017
Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for social workers who are willing to train as Approved Mental Health Professionals to join our AMHP service. We wish to recruit people who can bring a clear social care perspective and strong social work values to these challenging posts. In return we will support you with all the resources needed including responsive line management, individual and team development opportunities and the support of an experienced and high performing team.
Working pattern will be as follows (shift pattern will change once qualified):
Emergency duty team (on 12 weeks rolling rota).
Monday to Thursday 4.30 pm -12.30 am
Friday- 4.15 pm- 12.15 am
Saturday/Sunday: 8.15 am – 4.45 pm, 4:30 pm – 12.30 am
The AMHP service undertakes assessments under the Mental Health Act, and out of office hours is also responsible for ensuring that vulnerable adults at risk of neglect or abuse are safe.
Requirements of the post:
- Qualified as Social Worker BA or MA, CQSW, CSS, Dip.SW as well as HCPC registration;
- You will be willing to train as AMHP;
- Experience of working with adults with mental health issues;
- Ability to deal sensitively with people who are under stress;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to manage a complex caseload;
- Good time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, especially with reports;
- Current full driving licence with own car, or the ability to visit people within their own home in accordance with the requirements of the post;
- The willingness to work unsociable hours including evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays;
- Subject to Enhanced DBS check.
Under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1 requires National Care Minimum Standards apply so Applicants must be aged 23
For an informal discussion please contact Julie Voisey on 0116 454 6245.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact