Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,870 - £20,541 per annum
Location: Bosworth House, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R3323 / 1118SSN / EXT
Job Category: ICT
Advert End Date: 20 November 2018
Permanent, Full Time
The post holder will be responsible for providing a technical helpdesk service.
This entails taking telephone calls and recording issues and service requests using a call logging system. You will also be expected to resolve incidents at the first point of
contact where possible through the provision of advice, incident assessment or referral to problem management.
The post uses a wide range of technical knowledge and skills in operating systems, applications and hardware to resolve service calls as quickly as possible to enable the
user to continue to deliver their business service.
This role requires a problem solver who can quickly establish the cause of the issue through appropriate questions and enable a solution as quickly as possible, whilst at all
times delivering a high level of diplomacy, confidence and customer care.
Requirements of the post:
– High quality customer care communicator at all levels;
– Previous experience of being part of a technical ICT Service Desk in a large organisation;
– Detailed knowledge of deploying software using Microsoft SCCM 2012.
– Detailed knowledge of Microsoft SCSM 2012 or equivalent
– Detailed knowledge at least three of the following applications/systems or their equivalent:
• Microsoft OS (Windows 7, 8.1 and 10)
• Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 & 2016
• Active Directory
• Lync/ Skype for Business
For an informal discussion, please contact Simon Isherwood on 0116 4541229.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our method of contact.
Test / Interview Date : w/c 3rd December 2018
* PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY *