Support Worker (EmployMe Project)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £20,661 - £22,658 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0376/1017VS/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 18 October 2017
Location: Halford House 16+Team
Full Time, Fixed Term for 12 months
Connexions Leicester City is looking to recruit an experienced individual to provide support, assisting young people aged 16-25 transition into education, employment or training. You will be working with vulnerable young people, particularly those who are looked after, leaving care or have had involvement in offending behaviour. Developing a clear action plan, support will be provided to enhance client’s confidence and remove potential barriers to engagement.
This post is part funded from the European Social Fund.
Requirements of the post:
- Knowledge of ESF initiatives aimed at NEETs and young people.
- Relevant life experience, which includes a good understanding of the needs of disaffected and socially excluded young people and their families/carers.
- Experience of developing and sustaining relationships with the ‘hard to help’ and vulnerable young people.
- Experience of delivering group work and one2one sessions to young people.
- Proven evidence of advocacy on behalf of young people.
- The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
For an informal discussion please contact Jay Boucher on 0116 4542819.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.