System Support Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Council Offices, St Peters Hill, Grantham, Lincolnshire
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: South Kesteven District Council
Post Number: 4461
Job Category: Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Advert End Date: 23 January 2017
To ensure the smooth implementation and development of all systems used within Revenues and Benefits and ensure that the use of information technology is maximised.
Assist with the successful installation of new systems for Revenues & Benefits
- Liaise with IT regarding the installation of new software into both Test and Live
- Report to software companies problems with systems
- Ensure that new releases are fully tested.
- Act as project manager for Revenues and Benefits regarding new systems ensuring that the system is able to carry out functions required
Provide an instant help service on systems
- Liaise with Revenues and Benefits staff regarding software error notices, acting as the first point of contact for such issues
- Liaising with IT and other departments as required for resolution of such issues
- Provide guidance, assistance and advice to staff on the Revenue and Benefits systems.
Ensure systems are maintained in line with required use
- Ensure that all systems parameters are correct at all times
- Optimise the use of all Revenues and Benefits systems along with any associated systems.
- Download rent increases from the landlord portal or other associated notifications into the Revenues & Benefits systems
- Set up, amend and delete ICT system-user access
- Keep up to date the Declaration of Interest log for all users
- Provide accurate and robust data to allow the Housing Benefit subsidy, Council Tax Support, Audit and Governance Return reports to be undertaken as and when required
- Assist in the completion of year end accounting and reconciliation and actual year end and year start procedures and to ensure the integrity of the information held on the system database – this may require weekend/out of hours working
Ensure users have sufficient knowledge of the systems to use them to best advantage. Liaise with Revenues and Benefits staff regarding new software releases and impact on section.
- Provide training on new releases and train relevant staff on implications of new releases.
- Liaise with the Technical Support Team to ensure new legislation/circulars are dealt with by Revenues and Benefits Systems.
- Liaise with office managers to provide in house training on systems and produce a procedure manual for each of the systems used within Revenues and Benefits
- Facilitate the provision of appropriate training using both in house and external providers.
Ensure the Council’s Data Protection policy and procedures are fully adhered to
- NOT to disclose, without prior authority so to do, to any member of the public or authorised source, confidential or personal information about the Council’s work or any individual or group obtained whilst the post holder is carrying out his/her duties.
- Liaise with other teams, sections, departments and outside bodies to enable the team to carry out its commitment to customers and the wider Council.
- Deal with all both external and internal customers in a polite and professional manner, providing accurate advice by telephone, letter or face to face enquiries.