Systems Development Manager (Reporting)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £49,694 - £52,500 per annum (inclusive of temporary market supplement)
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: R3768 / 0718SSN / EXT
Job Category: ICT
Advert End Date: 3 August 2018
Location : Bosworth House, Leicester City
To be considered for this role you will have substantial management experience in a relevant user environment and a track record for delivering quality products, on-time and to specification using defined application development methods, techniques and standards. The successful candidate must have substantial experience of supporting integrated, complex database applications in a large, multi-site, multi-function organisation and actively working with system owners to make sure systems are fit for purpose and meeting the needs of the business.
The post holder will lead a development team designing innovative Smart City and Business Intelligence solutions and applications. These are new initiatives for the authority and we are looking for candidates who will welcome the challenge of developing new and innovative solutions in support of these projects.
Requirements of the post:
– Extensive management experience in a relevant user environment involved in the introduction, development and use of information systems, including experience of managing projects;
– Considered an expert in IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc.) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation;
– Considerable expertise in application development methods, techniques and standards;
– Proven project and people management skills with knowledge of own organisation’s policy framework, management structures and reporting procedures for all aspects of the software development environment and related activities;
– Experienced in some or all of : business analysis techniques; metrics; project risk management.
– Understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud services, Microsoft Cloud Development, System Center and Office 365;
– Understanding of MS Reporting Services (SQL 2008 R2 / SQL Server 2012 tools including Integration Services, Database Engine, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Business Intelligence and managing SQL servers including security, performance and resilience).
For an informal discussion please contact Sameer Eliyas on 0116 454 1172.
Test / Interview Date : w/c 13th August