Taxi Testing Centre Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £38,052 - £40,858 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X2103/0518AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 30 May 2018
Location: Vehicle Testing Centre, 17 Lower Willow Street
You will manage the operation of the fully equipped facility to carry out tests on taxis and other vehicles to ensure they meet council standards and/or are roadworthy. You will also carry out these tests on taxis and other vehicles.
Requirements of the post:
- Qualified and registered vehicle examiner to VOSA standards.
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle construction and maintenance.
- Experience of carrying out vehicle examinations as part of a MOT test or equivalent.
- Experience of carrying out regulatory enforcement activities.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Effective and efficient communication skills sufficient to compose complex correspondence and reports.
- Understanding of financial management and the budgetary process.
- A full driving licence.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Rachel Hall on 0116 454 3047.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.