Team Manager (Disabled Children’s Service)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £41,025 - £43,821 per annum
Location: Beaumont Way
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC611/0118RK/EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 25 February 2018
Location: Beaumont Way, Leicester
A unique opportunity to take forward and influence the Disabled Children’s Service Agenda within the city. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a social work capacity with Disabled children and their families.
The post holder will be an integral part of the leadership team, working as part of the Disabled Children’s Service, and SEND Services. We are looking for a confident, experienced and innovative manager.
- A lead role in managing and developing short breaks for disabled children, young people and their families in Leicester City.
- To manager the children’s Occupational Therapy Service (OT).
- To manage children’s’ social workers, support workers, and service coordinators with an operational and development role.
- To provide supervision to Disabled Children’s Service staff.
- To chair meetings as required.
- To manage a Participation and Consultation Forum in Leicester City for disabled young people.
- To implement and further develop an existing plan of work to improve the short break service.
- To believe in the principles of preventative and multi-agency work to enable and support families to use universal services in the first instance.
- To work with partners to raise the profile and needs of disabled children and their families.
- To have an understand of the Preparing for Adulthood Agenda.
- To be available to work flexible hours as required by the service.
Requirements of Post:
- A qualified social worker with extensive post qualifying experience, working with children and families.
- Registered with HCPC
- Have a proven track record in managing social workers/differently qualified workers in a fieldwork-statutory setting.
- Subject to Enhanced DBS Check
For an informal discussion contact Pradip Panchmatia – Service Manager Disabled Children’s Service on 0116 454 5796 or e-mail email@example.com
Please ensure you provide an e-mail address as this is our preferred method of contact.