Technical Project Managers
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £41,846 - £44,697 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0430/0618AAex
Job Category: Executive / Managerial
Advert End Date: 20 June 2018
(Design/Architectural Fabric; MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/ Plumbing); Structural/Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying)
Location: Phoenix House
Leicester City Council’s Estates and Building Services (EBS) Division are currently looking for two experienced ‘Technical’ Project Managers with skills, knowledge and qualifications in any of the above specialist technical areas. Working within the Capital Projects Team, you will have experience of working within a construction environment and will act as one of the EBS Project Managers working on major capital projects and programmes. You will lead, manage and motivate our appointed external consultancy Delivery Project Managers and co-ordinate inputs from the EBS and Client teams, providing project governance, technical oversight and expertise.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be required to:
– Direct, implement and manage appropriate procurement delivery solutions for significant (typically in the range of £0.1m-£50m) projects or programmes within the Council’s Capital and Revenue Programmes, utilising and developing contract & business management protocols and procedures.
– Commission, negotiate and manage external specialist support whenever required for the delivery of projects. Ensuring quality, compliance with framework and procurement requirements, the monitoring of KPI’s, and that the timing of service delivery is in accordance with contractual and professional obligations.
– Advise on and develop option appraisals and/or technical requirements, proposing pragmatic and practical solutions to determine the most appropriate building and engineering solutions; for the end user/client team members to ensure the overall project objectives are achieved. Challenging requirements, proposed solutions and methodologies to ensure innovative best fit and cost advantageous outcomes are achieved on all projects.
– Undertake continued analysis of project risks (including cost control), identifying, and implementing methodologies and procedures to manage and minimise those risks, including forward forecasting and mitigation options. Managing the risk register for the project and contributing to the register for the whole capital programme.
– Provide robust and effective processes, protocols for effective project technical delivery of projects, budgets and outputs. To ensure effective capture, manipulation and use of information (project and finances), data collection and analysis and performance monitoring for all projects across the service.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have/be:
– A relevant Project Management qualification, or experience, and a Construction related qualification (requirement varies dependant on the specialism of the post applied for:
- Design, or Structural/Civil engineering
- Design related Degree in a design or project related discipline
- Quantity Surveying
- Cost Management related Degree in a construction or project related discipline
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing)
- Min Level 5 educated, in a relevant field (Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Design) or project related discipline
– Full Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g., RICS, RIBA, CIOB, CIBSE, ICE)
– Knowledge of, and experience of operating the suite of JCT and NEC contracts, CDM and Health & Safety compliance, and be committed to keeping up to date with initiatives and changes
– Experience of the preparation and financial monitoring of a complex capital project(s), experience of Design co-ordination, holistic option reviews, Pragmatic detail design resolution, whole lifecycle costing option reviews, Pragmatic design resolution and programming
– A self-starter, motivated and self-aware with good communication skills, the ability to motivate, influence and participate with teams, colleagues and stakeholders, to provide customer focused advice
– Proven ability to manage and provide services with challenging timescales and to successfully manage teams
For an informal discussion please contact Peter Bale on 0116 454 5806.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.