Theatre Support Technician
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £16,641 per annum
Location: Stamford Arts Centre & Guildhall Arts Centre, Grantham
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: South Kesteven District Council
Post Number: 4483
Job Category: Arts / Tourism
Advert End Date: 7 April 2017
To undertake or otherwise assist with all aspects of technical duties such as operating lighting, sound and other systems, to rig and focus lighting, prepare and project films and do get-ins and get-outs with touring companies as required; supporting live events and film projection at Stamford Arts Centre & Guildhall Arts Centre, Grantham.
To undertake/assist with all duties associated with technical aspects of theatre.
- Operate all lighting, sound and other systems as required.
- Attend fit ups, technical and dress rehearsals, get-ins and get-outs as required.
- Set up in-house P.A system and engineer.
- Rig and focus lighting.
- Ensure the deployment and safe use of equipment, sets and properties to current health and safety regulations, and in accordance with venue risk assessments.
- Ensure that the equipment and systems are used correctly and safely by staff from incoming companies
- Assist with the programme of maintenance and servicing, make or organize repairs where suitable, of all technical equipment and carry out seasonal and other necessary adjustments to theatre fixtures and fittings.
- Undertake Get Ins and Get Outs for both professional and amateur visiting companies.
- To ensure compliance with Fire Safety instructions and House Rules by visiting companies etc.
- To implement and to adhere to all aspects of Health & Safety procedures within the Arts Centre.
To undertake all duties associated with film projection.
- Assist with receipt, preparation, screening and subsequent dispatch of digital cinema films, trailers and adverts.
- Set up, test and screen (including recording if required), of live satellite broadcasts.
- Ensure all projection is carried out to the agreed standards of both Technical and Arts Centre Management.
- Be prepared to work at both Stamford Arts Centre & Guildhall Arts Centre and for other off site events or undertake any other duties needed within the remit of Cultural Services.
- Undertake training as required.