Transport Development Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,437 - £36,379 per annum
Location: City Hall, Leicester
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X5211A/0118RW/EXT
Job Category: Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Advert End Date: 28 February 2018
The Transport Strategy Section is responsible for transport in Leicester, designing and delivering improvements to highways and streets and a range of transport policies.
We are seeking to appoint a Transport Development Officer to run Leicester’s smart ticketing for buses and real time passenger information systems. Additionally, there are opportunities to help develop integrated transport systems, as well as help design and deliver strategic highways and junction improvement projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and deliver innovative transport solutions in Leicester.
Requirements of the post:
- A relevant degree or substantial relevant experience
- Experience of delivering transport projects
- Knowledge of some or all of the following areas: Smart ticketing, real time passenger information, engineering design, transport planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
For an informal discussion please contact John Dowson on 0116 454 2826.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.