Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: SK9 - £23,244
Location: South Kesteven District Council
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: South Kesteven District Council
Job Category: Manual / Trades / Transport
Advert End Date: 22 May 2018
We have an exciting full time vacancy for a vehicle mechanic to undertake the servicing, repair, maintenance and inspections of a mixed fleet comprising of cars, vans, HGV’s, refuse collection vehicles and plant owned and operated by the District Council.
Vehicle repairs on HGV’s are a key part of this role. If the successful applicant has experience and qualifications in general vehicle repairs, but not in working with HGV’s the Council will arrange relevant training and support.
Ensuring that the Council fleet complies with all relevant legislation ensuring that the fleet is kept at the highest standard of safety and roadworthiness.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
– a generous pension scheme,
– access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development,
– Health and Wellbeing activities,
– A generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service),
– a variety of staff/family friendly benefits and discounts.