Volunteer Team Leader
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,556 - £29,033 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: A0081/0117AAex
Job Category: Other
Advert End Date: 18 January 2017
Location: Based at Victoria Park, but Citywide duties
Responsible for the promotion and development of Volunteer opportunities throughout Leicester’s Parks and Open Spaces including the Riverside.
Requirements of the post:
– An appropriate Leisure or Environmental qualification to NVQ 3, or evidence of equivalent relevant knowledge
– Evidence of continuing professional development
– Appropriate Boat License
– Experience of planning and scheduling staff programs of work around resources available, priority works and deadlines
– Experience of managing and organising volunteer events or activity days/tasks
– An understanding of environmental issues eg. Ecology (Wildlife Seasons), and / or Horticultural experience
– Experience of engaging diverse communities
– Experience of managing a team
– Willing and able to travel to and work anywhere in the city and use own vehicle
– Willing & able to work regularly outside normal office hours, holiday periods/ weekends, e.g. for meetings, volunteering activities and Events
For an informal discussion please contact Vicky Hudson on 0116 454 4474.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.