Waking Night Care Assistant
Contract Type: Casual / Seasonal / Bank Temporary
Salary: £18,070 - £20,138 per annum & Night Work Enhancement
Location: Barnes Heath House
Working Pattern: Please see advert text
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: SC063/ 0917AW/ EXT
Job Category: Social Care - Children Service
Advert End Date: 12 October 2017
1 x Full time, Fixed Term for 12 months to cover maternity leave (Barnes Heath House)
Relief posts as required– Working a shift pattern in the 5 Young People’s Residential Homes located around the city.
To work as part of a team in supporting children and young people living in a Young Peoples Residential Homes. To provide care and support, meeting individual needs, throughout the night inc
- Health care tasks and personal care.
- To liaise with colleagues and other professionals.
- Complete necessary housekeeping tasks including laundry, ironing and tidying of the home.
- Completion of records throughout the night.
Requirements of the post:
- GCSE- English and Maths minimum of Grade C, or equivalent qualifications;
- Must be committed to undertaking Level 3 Diploma in Child Residential Services or equivalent;
- Good literacy and numeracy skills to be able to write notes and reports, including observations of children and young people;
- Experience of sorting, washing, drying, ironing and distribution of linen;
- Previous experience of Waking Night Work, working with children in social care or residential setting;
- Experience of working with disabled young people with challenging behaviours.
Under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1 requires National Care Minimum Standards apply so applicants must be aged 23
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Aldridge on 0116 2946052
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.