Waste Management Supervisor
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £29,854 - £32,164 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: X8819/0117VS/EXT
Job Category: Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Advert End Date: 29 January 2017
Location: Gypsum Close, Leicester
Leicester City Council’s Waste Management team has developed a new Household Waste Recycling Centre. As part of this development we have opened a Trade Waste Facility to provide an outlet for local businesses to recycle and dispose of their waste.
This post involves the daily operation of the Trade Waste Service including the weighbridge, liaising with customers and third party waste companies to arrange emptying of containers. In addition the post is responsible for the whole of the site including premises and equipment, security, repairs and housekeeping.
The post also involves the management of the council’s van permit scheme, garden waste collection service and the administration of the clinical waste collection service as well as the updating of the refuse database and the approval of waste containers and general housekeeping.
Requirements of the post:
- Excellent knowledge of Waste Management legislation, guidelines and best practise
- Experience of customer service and handling cash and payments from customers
- Able to compile, summarise and present statistical and technical information
- Able to prioritise own and staff’s workload and to work unsupervised most of the time.
- Experience of site management and equipment maintenance.
For an informal discussion please contact Jonathan Feeley on 0116 454 6733.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.