Youth Support Workers in Charge
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £4,533 - £5,029 per annum
Working Pattern: Part-time
Advertised By: Leicester City Council
Post Number: E5266/0418VS/EXT
Job Category: Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Advert End Date: 16 May 2018
Salary: JNC Youth: £4,533 – £5,029 per annum
Location: Various across Leicester
2 Permanent, Part-time – 9 hours per week (exact days to be confirmed, likely to be 3 evenings out of Tuesday to Friday or Saturday afternoon)
To assist in the leadership of the delivery, planning and evaluation of a range of activities to contribute to the personal and social development of young people aged 13 –19 (up to 25 for young people with special educational needs and disabilities) as part of the council’s youth service team.
Requirements of the post:
- NVQ level 3 / Diploma Youth Work or equivalent (or working towards)
- The ability to communicate effectively with young people to understand, respect and value their views
- Ability to lead, record and monitor programmes and prepare project plans for programme delivery
- An understanding of the issues that affect young people
- Experience of working with young people in informal or formal settings
- Experience of leading, producing plans and evidence of experience in involving young people in the planning of youth work and decision making
- Willing and able to work regular evenings
- Ability to speak Gujarati
For an informal discussion please contact Sam Merry on 0116 454 2076.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.